Q.. How does Gasification energy output compare to conventional conversion processes?
A.. The advantage of the gasification process is its ability to unlock the greatest amount of energy from waste. As compared to landfill gas capture, (where facilities capture landfill methane emissions and combust the gas for energy), the power output from gasification is many times greater and so much more efficient generating off-setting revenues
Q.. What are environmental operational benefits of W2E Gasification?
A.. Operation of a gasification WTE facility avoids the release of methane that otherwise is emitted when trash decomposes in landfills. Gasification also eliminates the displacement of CO2 that is emitted when electricity is generated from fossil fuels such as coal.
Q.. What are the advantages of a gasification WTE facility over incineration?
- A..Gasification provides an environmentally friendly and effective means of producing synthesis gas (syngas) and steam to generate electricity and other forms of energy. Gasification reduces greenhouse gas emissions. and eliminates the need for land-fills. Standard Incineration creates bottom ash and fly ash, which is considered a hazardous waste material requiring additional treatment or disposal in special landfills. The high temperature of gasification converts material to a molten slag which, after cooling, can be used as a contaminate free construction aggregate and roadbed material.
Q.. What are the advantages of a WTE facility over landfills?
- A..Gasification facilities can actually reclaim land by eliminating landfills. The content of the landfills to be reclaimed are used as feedstock to produce energy. Compared to landfills a gasification WTE facility has a massively smaller greenhouse gas footprint and harmful air emissions are virtually eliminated. They also eliminate the release of methane that would otherwise be emitted when trash decomposes in landfills.
Q.. What type of data can be expected from an initial study?
- Alternative technologies and systems
- Profitability over time
- Continuos improvement and quality assurance
- General Risk Assessment
- SWOT Strength Weakness Opportunities Threats analysis
SYTEM SIZE and PERFORMANCE
- Net installed power
- Total power yield
- System efficiency %
- Facility and Ulitity engineering
- Logistic requirements
- Char ( Biochar)
COST BENEFITS ANALYSIS
- Total Capital Expenditure
- Operative expenses
- ( Fuel , personnel, staff, area leasehold, contingency, financial costs, insurance and other costs )
- Revenue streams
- After Tax profits
- Financial indicators
- ROI %